Lomi Lomi is an ancient Hawaiian massage technique, that includes body, mind and spirit.
Not only the body is touched but actually the whole human being is seen as a whole.
The massage is used for
- cleansing, (both body and mind)
- transitions in your life (to support the letting go of the old, and embracing the new)
- strengthening and empowering yourself
- relaxing deeply and therefore loosening up of blockages
The benefits of this massage are
- relaxation of the complete body (muscles and joints)
- stimulation of blood circulation and the whole metabolism
- strengthening of the immune system
- stimulation of the digestive system and the lymphatic system
- elimination of toxins and waste products
- deeper breathing and enhanced body awareness
- quietening of the mind process
- feeling of peace and at ease with ones life circumstances
- letting go of stored pain, emotions and memories
- freer flow of life energy
- finding ones happiness
During a Lomi Lomi session you can enjoy broad and flowing strokes that are soft and go deep at the same time. The strokes work on particular body areas but are also connecting the whole body. The strokes are carried out with the hands and the arms and plenty of warm organic oil.
A certain ‘choreography’ of massaging more than one body area at the same time, helps to deeply relax and supports the mind to let go completely of control.
Lomi Lomi is not only a massage to get over some pain, but a sacred experience to connect to your inner light and beauty, so that you can shine your light out into the world, where it is needed.
A personal sharing from me:
” When I received my first Lomi Lomi massage, it was like being back in the womb. I felt so held, so cared for and so protected, that all I could do was to surrender. The flowing movements, being massaged on several parts of the body at the same time, made that my brain could not keep up. I just had to surrender and was left with a deep relaxation and peace.
That is why I think that conscious touch or massage can be such a good support on our journey to awakening and remembering who we truly are and finding the peace and the love that is naturally within us.
In our daily life we encounter many different situations, and every situation produces countless sensations in our body that we are usually not aware of. Only very intense sensations (we call them emotions) make it to our awareness and we react with liking them or not liking them, and if we do not like the sensations we suppress them. We have never learned to accept things as they are.
When we are getting touched, for example during a massage, what can happen is that through our presence or simply through the touch old suppressed emotions, sensations and memory can come up to our awareness. In the process of a massage we are more likely to just accept them and allow them to come and to go. So things that we have been holding on for many years can be released and our life energy can move more freely again.
There are many massage techniques with all their own value. What I found in Lomi Lomi is a strength and a softness at the same time. The flowing movements that are connecting the whole body, are never with an intention of fixing something that is wrong. It is rather an invitation of letting go into ones natural state of whole- and completeness. “